foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foam

i turned on foam, but not splash/mist. got it working with GPU, but i'm noticing that i can't seem to control when the foam is created. in this screen shot you can see foam in the stream little drops of it. i'd rather the foam only start when the water hits the bottom and starts to fill up the grid volume.

in this case i have the shader set to mode: bubbles subgroup: all
    (ps i forgot to switch subgroup to surface)

oh. another thing, i don't suppose there's ways to make little half-bubbles like you might get in wine or something? i haven't search for that yet but i will. is it foam or splash or both? i get foam in terms of seawater but trying to figure it out like the bubbles/splashes you might get on an indoor water wall or foutain - so maybe "gental" waterfall is the way to say it?

thanks!
    Attached Files

Hey,

The foam is born where the liquid is turbulent enough. The way you can control that is by adjusting the foam birth threshold. If you increase the threshold, only the most turbulent parts of the liquid will spawn foam particles.
    You can find more about it here - https://docs.chaos.com/display/PHX4MAX/Liquid+Foam

In the link above you can find some scenes that show how different types of foam look.

The other way to create foam is by using the splash option - foam on hit - it controls how many foam bubbles are created when a single splash particle enters the liquid volume.

Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

ok thanks. i'll play around with this!

Comment

Working...
      X