Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeration Basin Help?

Hello everyone,

This is my first time really delving into Phoenix and posting to this forum. Please forgive me if I've posted this under the wrong section. I'm a Corona user and produce photorealistic stills and some animations for an AEC consultant. Many of my projects revolve around water and wastewater treatment plants.

One aspect or texture needed in these facilities that always eludes me is the aeration basin, otherwise known as a clarifier or aeration tank. In layman's terms, if you don't know what this is, it is a tank of water that has diffusers or aerators along the bottom that pump air/oxygen into the water to help with the cleaning process of wastewater. What we see at the surface is large bubbles with smaller bubbles and foam around these larger gaps in the surface. It's a very particular pattern though, and it's incredibly difficult to find anything resembling it online.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	1183132

So I decided, now that Phoenix is included with Corona, why not simulate it and either use that in my renderings or fake a texture out of it and render a top-down shot of it (which could also generate an animated texture if I wish down the road)? I tried looking on YouTube and Google, plus this forum for something like this. I found things related to boiling water, but doing that, it'd need to be greatly scaled up and slowed down. This is a good video explaining what it'd need to look like.

Is this something the forum can help with? Or is it something someone has seen before and can point me in the right direction to recreate?

Thank you,

Tanner

Hey Tanner,

Take a look at this video here - https://youtu.be/7tkC71E4kmA?t=3665

We cover how to create those patterns - you can play around with the pattern settings to get the specific result you're after. You can learn more about what these options do here - https://docs.chaos.com/display/PHX4M...dFoam-Patterns

You can probably add a few liquid emitters below the liquid surface so that they will stir the liquid.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, we'll be glad to help!

Cheers!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hi Georgi,

Thanks for sharing that. It definitely looks promising and very similar to what I am trying to achieve. I haven't used Phoenix in-depth before. Do you happen to have some other readily available tutorials or written guides about liquid emitters placed under the capped ocean like that other video? The foam moreorless distorts and behaves accordingly, now its trying to get the water surface to distort properly too.

Thanks!
      Tanner

Comment

Working...
      X