No announcement yet.

Best way to render wetting particles with Redshift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I even apply a material to nParticles? It doesn't make a node in the outliner.

This is insanely difficult. I didn't buy Phoenix to only have things work in the test scenes and break every time I run my own sims. Then have to use nPareticles cos Phoenix doesn't render. Seriously at the end of my patience with this software.

Attached Files

Comment

works in the test scenes - nothing in the real world

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	64
Size:	673.1 KB
ID:	1187364

Comment

Can you send over the scene that is not working and we will see what happens? Maybe there is something inside of it that causes the problem.

You can add the scene here as a zip archive if it's small enough, if it is larger you can either send it over google drive, drop box, etc. and link it in the post.

If it is under NDA or not for public sharing you can send it over via our support form here - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us (at top right there is button for Submitting a request)

Thanks!

Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

I will send a file shortly but I have a workaround. When reopening the file I have to simulate one frame and that reconnects whatever needs to be reconnected for the nParticles to read the cache for their specific particle splash/mist etc.

Comment

The workaround stopped working - doesn't work at all now

https://drive.google.com/file/d/105u...usp=drive_link

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	56
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	1188392

wtf is going on now?

Comment

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the scene, though it seems to be working correctly. I'm using 3.5.16, latest Phoenix nightly build and Maya 2024.
                Which versions are you using?

Does this show during rendering only or can you see that in the viewport as well?
                If it shows only during rendering it's probably on the RedShift side.

Georgi Zhekov
                Phoenix Product Manager
                Chaos

Comment

Only during render - I finally got the nParticles working (as long as I resim a frame) but the fluid just gone haywire. I alembic the fluid to get a render.

Comment

If it happens only during a render it's best to reach out to the Redshift people as it's probably in their field.
                    Georgi Zhekov
                    Phoenix Product Manager
                    Chaos

Comment

Working...
                    X