Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tutorials or explanations on how to use underwater goggles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tutorials or explanations on how to use underwater goggles?

I'm really struggling when using the underwater goggles feature of PhoenixFD.

If I have a pure ocean then turn on underwater goggles using Vray sun and an ocean material with 1.33 IOR, reflection/refraction 100% and fog to blue with "affect shadows" on I just get a white sphere/circle in the centre of the screen. Turning it off just makes the pure ocean look odd like there is no refraction.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Ok. I realised that I had a light behind the camera which I deleted. I'm getting some odd results though when I use underwater goggles and vrayaerialperspective to create a fake fog.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hey,

Can you show us how it looks? How about if you use a V-Ray Env fog instead?
      Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

I would love to use vrayenvironment fog and I was trying to with GPU RTX but it seems RTX does not support envfog.

This is what I'm currently getting with aerialperspective. It's not great. You obviously don't get the volume fog of the light in the middle of the cylinder. Underwater goggles seems to be working correctly now though. Think this is now more of a Vray issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	112
Size:	754.6 KB
ID:	1187304

This one is RTX with env fog.

Views:	82
Size:	543.2 KB
ID:	1187305

This one with CUDA but much slower to get good results. Using Intel desoiser. A bit of the volume light is showing...turned off flares.

Views:	89
Size:	478.2 KB
ID:	1187306​​
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
        X