emitting spherical lobes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emitting spherical lobes

I have two spheres emitting with Surface Force. I thought I would end up with two roughly spherical lobes of fire/smoke, but I'm getting the below results depending on the Conservation setting.

Can somebody help me understand why I don't get spherical shapes, and point me to the settings that would allow it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	directSymmetric.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.5 KB ID:	1187691 Click image for larger version  Name:	buffered.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.0 KB ID:	1187692 Click image for larger version  Name:	pgcSymmetric.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.0 KB ID:	1187693 Click image for larger version  Name:	directSmooth.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.0 KB ID:	1187694

Hey, so there are several things you can do to make the spheres smoother and more spherical:

- Turn off the Vorticity in the Dynamics rollout completely. Set all values to 0.
    - Increase the Fluidity (Conservation Quality). You could go up to 50 or 100 even. Increasing it further would keep slowing down the simulation and would likely not make much of a difference, so don't go too far with it.
    - Using Forward Transfer advection would produce smoother fire/smoke in general.
    - Increasing the Steps Per Frame will make the fluid smoother, but might make it less symmetrical - give it a try.
    - Add a bit more space to the sides of the Simulator. The air must be able to to flow around the spheres, as is the situation in real life. Using adaptive grid would also disrupt the air flow, so turn it off and make the grid wide enough right from the start.

Hope this helps
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thanks!
      I'll try all that out.

Comment

Working...
      X