How to Stop Liquid From Disappearing / Evaporating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Stop Liquid From Disappearing / Evaporating

Hello! I have a small scale fluid simulation and I am running into an issue I do not know how to overcome. Basically, I have some fluid shooting onto the ground. However, as the simulation goes on, the fluid starts to "evaporate" or "disappear". I want the fluid to stay where it is and grow in mass as more fluid gets added to it. Any clue what I can do? Below are some examples of my settings. The first is my simulator settings, the second is my collider settings. I am using 30 steps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	95
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1190459
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	69
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1190460​​

Hey,

Could it be that the simulator's walls are open? If this is the case the liquid will go out through them and will vanish, set them all to Jammed in all directions and the liquid should stay inside the grid.

Also could it be that the liquid is not really evaporating, but just collapsing due to the small scale of the simulation? You can check the liquid particle count in the Simulation rollout - if it doesn't get lower as time progresses, then probably it's a collapsing issue.
    I see that you have some viscosity and in order to make it a bit more solid - you can try to increase the scene scale in the Grid rollout (though this will change the liquid behavior a bit). The other option would be to increase the steps per frame, but at 30 these are quite high already.
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

The simulators walls are open BUT the fluid is no where near the edges of the simulation.

If I change the scene scale am I changing the physics of the entire sim as well?
      Last edited by agentredgirl; 13-09-2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Yes, changing the scene scale will change the behavior of the whole sim. Can you show us how the sim looks at the moment?
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X