Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam lighting/refraction flicker

Hi,

It's been a while since i've attempted this stuff so i'm a little rusty. Is there a solution to the flickering happening in this video? Foam render

It doesn't seem to be a GI flicker since there is still flicker with GI off, or BF/BF turned on & LC speedup off

Max transparancy levels don't seem to have an effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey,

Do you have Volume Light cache enabled in the Phoenix Particle Shader settings? How about if you turn it off?

Another thing could be the Optimize Congestion checkbox in the Bubble options for the Particle Shader. This option makes an optimization pre-process that deletes the bubbles that are fully inside other bubbles, and decreases the sizes of significantly overlapped bubbles. But it may cause some flickering so you can try and disable it and see if this helps

Cheers!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hi,

I already had Volume Light Cache disabled, but i tried turning off congestion, but it had no effect. i'm out of ideas, is there anything else you can think of? Thanks

Update: I found Cellular mode to be much more stable than bubbles, not perfect, but 80% better. Do these 2 work in different ways?
      Last edited by lukepenry; 25-10-2023, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to send over the scene along with the caches so that we can take a look?

What kind of lighting do you use? Does it happen if you use just a V-Ray Sun for example?

Cellular replaces intersecting walls between bubbles with a curved wall and it's a bit slower than regular Bubbles mode.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X