Playing with paint texture and sound controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with paint texture and sound controller

I had some spare time so I started testing Phoenix FD paints texture with speaker cone animated by sound controlled. I see that occasionally paints do disappear for frame or two, I wonder what might cause this behavior. I have used correct Physical values for this exact speaker model. Maybe I should limit the movement of the cone.

The music is composed by my son and recorded by his band.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sica maali0150.png Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	1199167
    Last edited by JuhaHo; 08-01-2024, 03:24 AM.

I can't get working video link.

Comment

Looks great and the music is nice, good job!

Not sure what would cause the paints to vanish - are they visible in the viewport, but not in the render?
      Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

Thanks Georgi.

Here's two consecutive frames. On frame 159 the cone seems to be moving really fast and the paint splatter are not showing like on the previous frame.

I forgot to mention. This is the very same speaker cone model, that's in our bass amp cabinet 12" SICA.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sica maali0158.png Views:	0 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	1199234 Click image for larger version  Name:	Sica maali0159.png Views:	0 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	1199235
        Last edited by JuhaHo; 08-01-2024, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Ah, maybe the cone is moving waay to fast for the sim to catch up, so you can try and add a bit more steps per frame (you can animate the steps per frame to be higher just for the parts when the cone is super fast and bring them back down for the slower frames).
          Georgi Zhekov
          Phoenix Product Manager
          Chaos

Comment

Thanks

I'm already using 30 substeps. Maybe I should reduce the cone limits in sound controller. I'm now using the maximum specified value for X Max +/-7mm.Maybe I should reduce it a bit.

Comment

Or, couldn't you simply slow the audio and the rest of the cone animation, to allow it to sim more easily and with fewer steps?
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I made another test. This time I wanted to study what happens to grid texture if I mix two paints. I replaced the default Phoenix red paint color with RAL 300 (Feuerrot) and then made a new emitter for the complementary color, being RAL 5021 (Wasserblau).

The paint mixes correctly in Phoenix liquid, but not in the wet map. I wonder what went wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sica-maali-mix.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	1199969

Comment

Yay, looking nice!

The wetmap currently doesn't carry the RGB data - this is still in the to do list. Adding one more vote for it.​
                  Georgi Zhekov
                  Phoenix Product Manager
                  Chaos

Comment

Thanks,

This is just my test scene for testing the wetmap feature. So it's not me this time. By the way, where it get the color information? I might want to change it to mixed color as in the center.

Comment

If you're using the paints preset - the different colors are assigned through the Liquid Source RGB color, then this RGB color is read via the Phoenix Grid Texture and used in the material applied over the simulator. If you wish the colors to mix more you can play around with the RGB mixing option in the Dynamics rollout of the Liquid Simulator.
                      Georgi Zhekov
                      Phoenix Product Manager
                      Chaos

Comment

I'm not sure if I understood correctly. I have two different color emitters, but the wet map includes only color of one. What do I need to do, if I want to have the wetmap color "independent"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture dynamics.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1200059

Comment

The way things work now - when you read the wetmap particles through the Phoenix particle texture - it will return black and white. White where there are wetmap particles and black where there are none.

No matter the color of the liquid that created the wetmap - the particle texture will only return black and white.

In the future we can make different colored liquids to apply their color to the wetmap as well. But this is still not possible at the moment.
                          Georgi Zhekov
                          Phoenix Product Manager
                          Chaos

Comment

Thanks,

I still don't know where the red color into the wetmap comes from. I have one red and one turquoise emitter. If I want to change the splatter color, which parameter I need to edit? It would be logical to replace the red color with mixture of red and turquoise as the emitters are. Is it done in material editor?

Comment

This should help

The paint colour is the RGB of each liquid source, controlled by the texmap and the wetmap is blue, controlled by the particletex.
                              Attached Files
                              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
                              X