• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest hydrofoil fluid sim for TU Delft Student Project

Throwing it back to an interesting project from 2023

I had the privilege of collaborating with the TU Delft Hydro Motion Team,
    a group of 23 ambitious students.

Their mission?
    To drive the maritime and energy industries towards a sustainable future.
    In just one year, they aimed to design, produce, test, and sail a foiling hydrogen-powered boat.

But that's not all!
    To put their creation to the ultimate test, they planned to sail from the Netherlands to the United Kingdom.
    This voyage would mark a historic moment—the first-ever journey of a foiling hydrogen-powered boat across the North Sea.

Their goal?
    To showcase the potential of hydrogen as a green fuel source for seaworthy vessels.

Ambitious? Absolutely!
    I was genuinely inspired by the dedication of these budding engineers and the extensive work they'd poured into the project. When they approached me to contribute fluid simulation support for their final presentation, I felt honored.
    You can watch their impressive presentation here:
    https://lnkd.in/evuAqNVn

More than happy to squeeze in at least one pro bono project this year, and I couldn't be prouder witnessing the culmination of their hard work in the end.
    It was a win win, a great opportunity for me to sharpen my skills with another challenging fluidsimulation.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/898370597

Click image for larger version

Name:	TU_Delft_Hydro_Motion.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	1199220
    ​
    Last edited by olika; 08-01-2024, 09:39 AM.
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de

Really nice work Olika. I'm a boat enthusiastic, but it's been too long from my latest Phoenix boat simulation.

Comment

thx JuhaHo !
      OLIKA
      www.olika.de

Comment

Working...
      X