X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breath/air/smoke effect advice

Hi all

Trying to achieve the following effect:

Aiming to control the effect/breath along a curve.

Would like to control the ‘thickness’ of the air and the thickness of the curve.

Large scale smoke sim seems too thick.

I've followed the thin smoke tut but we don't want to add a texture to add detail.

Any tips on type of emitting geo, texture emitter, settings would be ace, cheers.

We're on Macs at the mo, so the GPU preview is not very good/details like on PCs

Cheers

Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sherridge101; 18-01-2024, 06:44 AM.

Hello,

What I understood so far is that you want to have a cold breath effect following a spline curve.

When you say thickness of the "air"do you mean the smoke (vapor) or the air around it?
    You can use the smoke opacity curve inside the rendering settings and make any smoke simulation appear as thick or as transparent as it needs to be.
    When using the Path Follow, to make the smoke follow a spline it creates an imaginary pipe around that spline. The radius of that pipe can be controlled from the settings of the Path Follow force.

Can you please tell me a bit more about your setup and where are you facing any issues? Are the two images that you posted some results that you achieved so far, or are they just references?
    Last edited by zdravko_pavlov1; 18-01-2024, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Hi zdravko

The pics are just reference shots.

Yeah, thickness meaning the density of air. The large scale smoke is quite thick, so will try the opacity curve cheers.

I'll post some images in a bit.

Cheers again

Comment

Quick question, how do you make the Smoke Opacity Curve Active. Showing as 'Inactive'

Comment

If you have smoke opacity set to 'Simple Smoke' you have the 'Simple Smoke Opacity' parameter to control the opacity. This simplifies the controls and gives good results in most situations.
          For finer control, you can switch the opacity mode to 'Smoke' and you'll be able to remap the opacity using the 'Opacity diagram' curve.
          https://gyazo.com/a7a1f8aba4f1da3fe6d7149e7401b29c

Comment

Brilliant! Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X