Non-Newtonian control via particle tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Newtonian control via particle tuner

I have filled up a grid and have an object moving through it. I have viscosity set to 1.0 and non-Newtonian set to 1.0 also. This means that when the object moves through the Phoenix particle grid, the contact points will set the fluid particles in motion. The problem is that I want them to stop after the distance from the object passes a threshold. I have tried particle tuner to do this but I think because the entire grid is setup as non-Newtonian to begin with it remains that way once there is particle velocity.

Is there a possibility of being able to control the non-Newtonian variable via particle tuner otherwise how do you make these particles come to a stop?

Any help appreciated. Thanks
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Hey Steve,

How does your Tuner condition look like?

The Non-Newtonian options don't apply any additional channels or specific properties to the liquid particles. From your post I understand that you wish to stop the movement of the liquid particles once they go too far from an object.
    You can use a distance to object condition and set the Tuner to set the Speed of the particles to 0 if the Distance is greater than the range you need.
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X