Some explanation about the mapping rollout needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some explanation about the mapping rollout needed

It's about the mapping rollout in the simulator. I did read the help file, but it's very sketchy How do these maps get applied exactly, and what do they influence? They are maxed at one - is this a multiplier for the object fuel/smoke/temp params or? A bit more info would be welcome
    Hristo Velev
    MD/FX Lead, Bottleship VFX
    Sofia, Bulgaria

the init checkbox is used to initialise the channel, for the scalar channels the brightness is used, for the velocity/uvw channel x=r,y=g,z=b.
    the attraction is more complicated and is hard to be explained in few words. it influents the channel during the simulation, making its value closer to those in the map. the multiplier determines how closer will be the value after one second simulation, for example 0.3 means 30% closer.

Comment

Ok, but where's the mapping of this textures come from? I'm a bit hazy on that
      Hristo Velev
      Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

you mean the explicit mapping? because the world/obj mapping should be clear, isn't it? hmmm, i checked it right now, unfortunately there is no explicit mapping, objects space is used. for the initialization this is pretty logical, but for the attraction that's weird

Comment

Ok, it's still something gonna check it out, thanks
          Hristo Velev
          Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

Working...
          X