No announcement yet.

Liquid: a few questions about flow and shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the same scene I had sent to Ivaylo before but here's a link to the simpler version.

http://www.simmsimaging.com/upload/f...ene_05.max.zip (192.07 KB)

b

that's max 2012 btw.
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

actually for pure experiment we need two scenes ready to run the simulation, because i'm sure that if i switch between two liquids channel the result will be as i expect.

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean, but that scene is what I have for you to check out.

b
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

my suggestion is - make the scene to work with temperature, save it, switch the scene to use fuel, save it again with different name, send me both the scenes. with two scenes i will tel you for sure why the simulations produce different result. with just one scene i have to guess.

Comment

Why not just change the settings like I did and see if it creates different results for you like it did for me?

b
            Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

I'm curious if this was ever looked at? I got the email regarding the release of 2.0 and I installed the newer beta, but it seems my beta license is expired so I wasn't able to tell if this (and the other issues I had posted about) were resolved. Tried the demo, but it won't render the scenes (grid limitations, particle limitations). I could dumb it all down, but from what I tested before the behavior of the fluid can be wildly different with lower res grids so not sure how useful it will be anyway.

Love to see some more examples of nice smooth fluid pours if the problems have been worked out

/b
              Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
                Love to see some more examples of nice smooth fluid pours if the problems have been worked out
                +1! This is the main reason we bought Phoenix & we've yet to get a nice, clean fluid pour/settle from it, so we're a little hesitant to upgrade if this is still going to be an issue.
                MDI Digital
                moonjam

Comment

Repost the file and I'll try to do it in 2.0

Comment

Working...
                  X