VRay settings for rendering Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay settings for rendering Phoenix

Does static vs. dynamic raycast accelerator setting affect Phoenix? How about BSP settings, like the face/level coefficient?

I have been using the DMC sampler with an area filter. Min at 1, and max at as high as I can get away with render time-wise. But I am using Adaptive of 1.0 and adjusting the noise threshold to balance noise vs. render time.

Does this sound reasonable, or should I be starting with some other settings?

I am not using GI, but am using the internal fire lighting from Phoenix. I am rendering everything else in the scene (well, the stuff that is CGI vs. live action) in a separate pass.

Thanks.

the raycast settings are very important when ocean rendering is performed, it seems that must be switched to static, because the default auto option is confused by the very large size of the ocean.
    about the dmc sampler , souds reasonable to balance the rendertime and the noise threshold.
    one trick when render a scene lit by fire: render the fire in separate pass, and then render the scene without the fire but with enabled option "emit if not renderable".
    the advantage of this technique is that you can render the fire and smoke without GI and the scene with GI

Comment

Working...
    X