Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making foam & splashes interact with displaced ocean

Hello,

I played around with the ocean shader of the demo version and I'm wondering, if there is a posibility to make foam & splashes react to the waves.
    I tried doing some kind of boat's wake.
    It looks, that the simulation is done on a completly flat water surface, and the waves of the ocean are added afterwards via displacement.
    This works for the wake itsself, because waves are additive too, I guess, but foam and splashes are created at the wrong place.

Because ocean displacement is applied after the simulation, foam and splashes do not react to it, right?

Is there a posibility, to apply the ocean displacement before simulating, so that splashes and foam is created in the right place?

Or is there a posibility make the particles move up and down according to the ocean displacement?

Right now, it looks to me, as if this method could only be used for very little wave heights, where you don't notice, that foam and splashes are generated from a flat plane.

I attached 2 screenshots, to illustrate the problem.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	OceanDisplacementDisabled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	447.2 KB
ID:	878406Click image for larger version

Name:	OceanDisplacementEnabled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	523.2 KB
ID:	878407

The simulation is very lowres due to demo limitations, but I guess, the problem would also occur with higher resolutions.

Kind Regards,
    Christoph Schmidt

Hi Christoph,
    PHXFoam have a slot "liquid" and if it is set, the liquid's displacement is transferred to the particles rendertime. In the viewport you will see non displaced particles, but during the rendering they will be ok, try it

Comment

Great, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
      X