Displacing bubbles / Meshing Bubbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacing bubbles / Meshing Bubbles

I did a quick search but couldnt find anything about this topic.

I find the bubbles a little to perfect and round and would like to displace them a little bit. I am trying to make them as if they hang on to the object in the simulation and so change their shape a little bit.
    Is it possible to displace the bubbles or make a mesh from them and then displace them?
    I am trying to achieve something like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	stock-photo-air-bubbles-underwater-55842826.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	880457Click image for larger version

Name:	Bubbles-III.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	529.6 KB
ID:	880458

I tried Mesher but it didnt seem to work..

thanks for the help!
    Last edited by MANUEL_MOUSIOL; 11-07-2014, 01:06 PM.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

you could do something like this with particle flow & metaballs.

Comment

how about running the particles through a static 3d displacement field, so they deform as they travel?
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I did a quick 10 minute test - here's all the references. could be much cleaner and better but I just wanted to check the result. they split up & merge appropriately.
        the displace force is just a standard noise with the phase animated to give it some extra random movement. the first keep apart pushes everything away, the second one has a negative value to pull it back together.

click for big

Comment

there is no option to displace the bubbles in the foam shader, you have to use another render technique for this.
          of course you can use the metaballs or any other mesher and then add displacement over the mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivaylo Katev View Post
            there is no option to displace the bubbles in the foam shader, you have to use another render technique for this.
            of course you can use the metaballs or any other mesher and then add displacement over the mesh.
            You are talking about other techniques to create these particles too, right? or is it possible to derive particles from the foam generatd by Phoenix?

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
            I did a quick 10 minute test - here's all the references. could be much cleaner and better but I just wanted to check the result. they split up & merge appropriately.
            the displace force is just a standard noise with the phase animated to give it some extra random movement. the first keep apart pushes everything away, the second one has a negative value to pull it back together.

click for big

Hey thanks so much for that!
            I have next to no experience in particle flow so I have to do some extensive testing. Any good resources concerning this topic that you could point me to?
            Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
            www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

You are talking about other techniques to create these particles too, right? or is it possible to derive particles from the foam generatd by Phoenix?
              i'm talking about the rendering, you can use the phoenix foam and to render it with metaballs or any other mesher

Comment

i'm talking about the rendering, you can use the phoenix foam and to render it with metaballs or any other mesher
                do I just choose the simulator in the metaballs particle list?
                or is there more to it? for me nothing happens when just doing that.. no previews either..
                www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

i just tried this, and really it does not work. that is weird because the coworker that made the metaballs asked me how to access the particles
                  i managed it to work using the following hack: i created a phxfoam, selected in it the phoenix particles and then deleted the foam shader. i do this to force it to create an object that represents the phoenix particles. then i open the schematic preview, unhide the particle object and now i can pick it in the metaballs using the "select by name" tool bar. doing this entire magic i got the phoenix particles rendered as metaballs.
                  of course we will fix this, the particles must be selectable directly

Comment

good that we found that out! haha

anyway, sometimes when I unhid everything this seeming copy of the simulator popped up but was named like the foam system and i thought: mmmh, that is strange! deleted it, chose the simulator for the foam again and since I couldnt see it anymore I didnt think about it anymore!
                    anyway, got it to work as you said and playing around with it right now! thanks!
                    www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                      I have next to no experience in particle flow so I have to do some extensive testing. Any good resources concerning this topic that you could point me to?
                      For that kind of thing you can just wing it - the motion of the particle is just 'go up, but randomly wiggle around'
                      the 'rain dripping' tutorial on here is the best primer http://www.allanmckay.com/site/index...gacy-tutorials
                      I barely know how to use pflow, this is basic stuff. Would be worth you spending an hour with it (and that's really all you'd need) so you can use pflow to drive phoenix - it can make certain effects a little easier to control.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilg View Post
                        For that kind of thing you can just wing it - the motion of the particle is just 'go up, but randomly wiggle around'
                        the 'rain dripping' tutorial on here is the best primer http://www.allanmckay.com/site/index...gacy-tutorials
                        I barely know how to use pflow, this is basic stuff. Would be worth you spending an hour with it (and that's really all you'd need) so you can use pflow to drive phoenix - it can make certain effects a little easier to control.
                        thanks a lot!
                        I will check it out and play around with it.
                        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

i just tried this, and really it does not work. that is weird because the coworker that made the metaballs asked me how to access the particles
                          i managed it to work using the following hack: i created a phxfoam, selected in it the phoenix particles and then deleted the foam shader. i do this to force it to create an object that represents the phoenix particles. then i open the schematic preview, unhide the particle object and now i can pick it in the metaballs using the "select by name" tool bar. doing this entire magic i got the phoenix particles rendered as metaballs.
                          of course we will fix this, the particles must be selectable directly

Ivaylo,
                          is there a way to apply the foam shader to the metaballs? How would I replicate the look? I tried it with a simple VrayMtl with 100% refraction and different kind of IORs but couldnt get the same look..or does it only have something to do with the form?
                          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

no, the foam shader works only with particles, not with geometry. of course it can be implemented as vray material, but can't promise that it will be, right now we have a lot to do.

Comment

no, the foam shader works only with particles, not with geometry. of course it can be implemented as vray material, but can't promise that it will be, right now we have a lot to do.
                              And it cant be replicated with any other Vray Material, right?
                              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Working...
                              X