Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT render failing after each frame in backburner with Max 2019

Hi guys,

I'm using VRay 3.60.04 with 3ds Max 2019.
    Every time I render a frame from a sequence with RT over backburner, right at the end of the render, I get a red X over the whole image of the frame buffer and the render fails.
    The error message from the log reads "Autodesk 21.1 reported error: MAXScript ExecuteMAXScriptScript Exception: -- No ""getKeyIndex"" function for undefined"
    which doesn't really help.
    I get the error only on one machine and only on max 2019.
    It appears only with V-Ray, specifically RT, and it happens regardless of using GPU or CPU, or whether I safe the file (via max dialogue or V-Ray raw image file) or not.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling max, vray, vray license server and backburner. I cleared all the corresponding folders under appdata.
    The error still persists.
    Does anyone have a similar issue or can assist me with this?

Every help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Hello,

What happens if you try to render a few frames of the problem scene straight in Max and not through Backburner? Also - could you send/attach here the vraylog.txt from that machine when the error happens ?

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply!

When I render straight from max, it works just fine.

For some reason my vraylog.txt (in AppData\Local\Temp) doesn't update when I render over backburner. I just reproduced the crash but the last update in the log is from an hour ago.
      My other machines also don't update their respective logs while rendering over BB.

I uploaded you a video recording of parts of the log as well as the screen when the render fails. I hope it helps. Sorry, that's the best I could achieve right now.
      Desktop 2018.08.02 - 17.35.52.02.rar

Also I want to add, the error ocurrs even with the easiest of scenes. VRayPlane, Domelight, Box: Backburner render fails.

Comment

If the scene renders fine locally and the problem also happens with a simple scene - probably there is something wrong with the Backburner/Max installation.
        The MAXScript error report also looks like this.
        One idea is - can you try to remove your Max profile - AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU (for the English version). If you just rename the ENU folder and then start Max and Backburner it should create a fresh copy with all the default settings.
        Yavor Rubenov

Comment

I tried wiping your suggested folder, the folder was automatically replaced, but the problem unfortunately still occurs.

I'm not sure if it's really an installation problem, since I already uninstalled, wiped appdata and reinstalled pretty much everything involved except windows yesterday.
          Also, different renderers like scanline or even VRay-Adv work just fine. If there was something wrong with backburner, wouldn't at least VRay Adv have the same issue just before exiting frame buffer?

On a hunch i just reinstalled the display driver but also to no avail sadly.

Any further ideas? Really appreciating your effort!

Comment

Hm could you send the backburner logs. According to Autodesk - they should be in \AppData\Local\backburner and there should be two log files:
            backburnerServer.log
            backburner.log
            Yavor Rubenov

Comment

backburner.rar
              Here are the files you asked for. I hope they help.

What about the red cross appearing in the frame buffer? Maybe it gives a hint for the issue behind the problem?
              Have a nice weekend!

Comment

Thanks for the logs.
                They show the same as you've put in the opening post:
                "Autodesk 21.1 reported error: MAXScript ExecuteMAXScriptScript Exception: -- No ""getKeyIndex"" function for undefined"

It means that some script is trying to call the function getKeyIndex for some object but didn't get what it expected.
                We don't have any script calling getKeyIndex so do you have any additional plugins or MAXScripts installed at that computer that might be compatible with V-Ray Adv but fail with V-Ray RT ?

The red cross is just a default image when the frame buffer has nothing to show.

Have a nice weekend too

Best regards,
                Yavor
                Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Just to confirm, we had the same in a test file, working on 3.40.6 on max 2015.
                  Local works fine, backburner over multiple pc's doesn't, it renders just fine but when it comes to outputting the image it gets flagged as failed.
                  All vanilla max. Only plugin could be multiscatter.

Comment

Only had berconmaps installed, other than that: Fresh install of a vanilla max. Removing berconmaps also didn't change the outcome for me.
                    Screenshots of my plugin-folders are attached. Just so you can be sure, I haven't overlooked a plug-in

Still wondering why the frame buffer switches from showing the rendered image, to suddenly considering to have nothing to show.
                    I've never experienced that behavior before.

And wouldn't a failing plug-in void a render right from the start? I mean the render looks perfectly fine and even finishes before the process fails.

@ijzerman86: What if you render without outputting anything? Does the issue then persist for you as well?
                    Attached Files

Comment

And wouldn't a failing plug-in void a render right from the start? I mean the render looks perfectly fine and even finishes before the process fails.
                      The script/plugin could be executed only at render end and then causing the problem.

I think it would be best if our support guys try to find the problem through a remote session to the problem computer. You could send an email to support at chaosgroup.com with a link to this thread and they can arrange such session in a convenient time.

Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Thank you very much!
                        I will get back to your support guys as soon as I have finished my current project, which doesn't really allow for a longer downtime of my main workstation.

Comment

Hi Yavor,
                          Good news!
                          Dealing with a completely different issue, someone advised renaming Autodesk\3dsMax\2019 - 64bit\ENU folder, and the problem with V-Ray vanished as well!
                          Then I realized it was the exact one you had suggested. I seemed to have confused it with the Autodesk\2019 - 64bit\ENU one and had renamed that one instead...
                          So sorry for having bothered you unnecessarily!
                          I'm glad I at least figured it out before involving your support guys as well.
                          Anyways, thanks for your awesome support!

Comment

Good to know
                            Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Thankyou. This worked for me too
                              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                              X