UNderwater Liquid Not in Light Cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNderwater Liquid Not in Light Cache?

Is it normal that I should not see my liquid simulator (Set to Ocean Mesh) from underwater when calculating the Light Cache? It is there for the render, but for the Light Cache pass it looks like it is turned off.

Using Hotfix1 GPU CUDA mode.

Looks like it happens when you have the Underwater goggles option off. Is this the case for you as well? You can find more about the underwater goggles here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...endering-Ocean

We'll investigate what is going on and will update the thread once we know more.

Thanks!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Yes, underwater goggles is off. It was producing its own set of artifacts I never got a chance to research.

I think the artifacts occurred when the camera was below the water line, but outside the simulator box.

Thanks for looking into this. For now I am using BF BF. With GPU and with my scene the speed hit is negligible.

Comment

Another, possibly related issue...

I have the same camera looking up at the water surface from underneath. When I try to use Particle Shader in Fog mode I cannot see the surface of the water wherever the fog is. This is not in the light cache, but in the BF+BF render (GPU). Other modes of the Particle shader (Bubbles, etc.) work OK.

Comment

Hey,

Sounds like an issue with mixing the Fog mode of the Particle Shader with the Fog mode of the VRayMtl on V-Ray GPU. Am I correctly assuming that you have fog in the ocean mesh's material?
          Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

No, but I do have VRayEnvironmentFog in the scene.

I assume you mean fog like under refractions, right? I am not using that. Though perhaps that is the better solution vs. environment fog?

Comment

Ahh, yes, I meant the Fog color after refracting. Very interesting, this might be a missing implementation for V-Ray GPU...
              Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Ok. I am not using fog under refraction in VRaytMtl.

I am using VRayEnvironmentFog.

Comment

Thanks, reproduced it and logged it in our bug tracking system. Seems to be happening when rendering fog particles under the liquid surface with V-Ray GPU.
                  Will let you know when we have something on that.
                  Georgi Zhekov
                  Phoenix Product Manager
                  Chaos

Comment

Thank you Svetlin and Georgi, and all the behind the scenes folks.

Comment

Working...
                    X