Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Farm issues loading half of the simulation

Hi,
    We have sent a couple of files to a renderfarm to render 2 x 600 frame animations. The renderfarm have the same max version and pheonix version but the sim dissapears after frame 312 / 600 . I have resent the files, zipped them up etc and they still can't load anything past 312. We get the following error but have resent the aur files but it's consistently saying the same error message?

I hope you can help, the dreaded deadline is getting very close!

Many Thanks
    Dan
    Attached Files

Hey,

Does the issue reproduce locally on your machine?
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hi Georgi, No, it seems fine on our machines

Comment

Then I'm afraid it sounds like it's on the render farm side. May be they can help? May be transferring the caches using smaller chunks could help, could be an issue with transferring large files (but I'm just guessing).
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

It is on the render farm side but when we re-supply the files in small chunks the same things happen. Is there a cache of the bad files somewhere or are the frames interlinked somehow. For example If it says there is a problem with frame 312 should we re-upload frames 300 onwards or resave the file?

Comment

Could it be that this frame got corrupted somehow? What if you render another one 315 or some other frame from the sequence? If the files are fine on your side, then the corruption happens when transferring the files.
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Hi Georgi, Thank you, we have got it working now by re-uploading the cache - thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
              X