Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching to Phoenix plugin interface is very slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to Phoenix plugin interface is very slow.

I'm wondering how much time the interface should take load when selecting a Phoenix simulation object. Right now it takes roughly 10 to 12 seconds for the modify interface to come into focus and be ready to edit.
    Other multi rollout plugins like TyFlow load in about 0.5 seconds.
    VRay 60004 2023 Phoenix 50100 2023 for VRay6

Andy
    Last edited by AndyMurdock; 02-08-2022, 09:19 PM.

Yes indeed, 3ds Max is emulating the Windows interface to QT so it's became super slow to load, especially on high DPI monitors.

tyFLow just did a rewrite of the whole user interface to QT. V-Ray is in the progress of rewriting to QT, so this should happen with Phoenix eventually.

Sadly, we are in a position where we have to spend a few weeks doing only this and nothing useful just to get back to the speed before 3ds Max 2018.
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Well, any time you spend rewriting this for QT will be time well spent. Right now I am reluctant to click on the object knowing I will stare at the screen for ten seconds like I'm stuck in traffic. I have scenes where I'm gathering 30 or so Phoenix objects and it's taking all day to do simple things.

Comment

Hey Andy,

Took us a bit of time, but you can give the latest nightly build for a spin. The rollouts are now QT based so the options show quickly when selecting the Simulator, and also all rollouts can float and dock inside the 3ds Max window.

Cheers!
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X