Phoenix fire not lighting scene on first frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix fire not lighting scene on first frame

I've been working with an explosion and just realized after some rendering that the first frame of a rendered sequence, the fire light doesn't seem to be lighting up the objects in the scene (or debris). So if I start my rendering in the middle of the explosion, i'll have a frame of no light, then the rest will be ok. This also mean that if I render a frame after each simulated frame, i get no lighting at all. I'm on 3ds Max 2023, Vray 6 Hotfix 3, and Phoenix 5.01.01 Nightly 2022073031548. Maybe it's been fixed in later nightlies?

Hmmm, it's possible that it really got fixed - we didn't see such an issue at all, so please grab the latest nightly just in case and ping me if the problem is still there.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Just got the latest nightly and the problem is still there...light doesn't show up if i Render On Each Sim Frame or start of first frame of sequence...here's a lit and unlit frame, 1 frame apart
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm, I tried with a simple Explosion preset and the problem does not happen there. Perhaps your scene is more complex and there is something specific that makes it happen.

Do you happen to use any grid textures, reading data from the simulator and then plugging those textures in the volume shader or in some other node?

Or do you have more than 1 simulators?

Comment

I am not doing either, but i AM using tyflow to birth the ship and then explode apart, so I feel like it has something to do with that...

Comment

Something to do with motion blur, or the motion blur offset?

Comment

Would it be possible to send the scene over, either here, or if it's confidential - through Support at support.chaos.com?

Comment

I think whatever was going on has stopped...I'll keep an eye out for it to see if it happens again.

Comment

Ah, if it strikes again, please ping me. Something needs to be demystified

Comment

Working...
                  X