Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hidden objects included in the light's Inluded/Exluded list causes rendering crash in vray 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden objects included in the light's Inluded/Exluded list causes rendering crash in vray 6.1

Multiple objects (for me more than 15 - not sure if it is object quantity or total polygans) which included in the light's "Exlude/Include" causes rendering crash when they are all hidden. Rendering the visible objects are all fine.

It seems is a bug in vray 6.1, vray 6 works fine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by grace_tevlin; 12-04-2023, 12:20 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. I managed to reproduce it easily and I can confirm that it seems to be a regression. It's now logged in our internal bug tracker under VMAX-13225 for our developers to look into.

Best,
    Philip
    Philip Shounev
    QA department
    Chaos

philip.shounev@chaos.com

Comment

Hello Philip,

Thanks for the confirmation. Actually it took us two days to figure out what the problem is!!

We have this issue for some of our projects with several lights and hidden objects. It would be great to have the solution as soon as possible.

Thanks again
      Grace
      Last edited by grace_tevlin; 13-04-2023, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Stable nightly build 32041 and later should contain a fix for this (https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...e_6.1/20230422). Sorry about the inconvenience.

Best regards,
        Yavor​
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hello Yavor,

Thanks for the update. It is fixed and working great.

Thanks again
          Grace

Comment

Glad to hear it.
            Yavor Rubenov
            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
            X