Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very noticeable general lag on workstation after switching from version 5 to Vray 6 (1.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very noticeable general lag on workstation after switching from version 5 to Vray 6 (1.1)

Hello,

I want to report issue that i had in past when switching from vray 5 to vray 6.
    Yesterday i have switched again, to latest update and immediately i have the same issue.
    Workstation become very noticeably sluggish and laggy. While even opening max scene, especially when rendering even a light scene, all the rest of the PC is very slow to respond.

I never had this issue previously on Vray 5 even with the heaviest of scene, i still could type without interruption, open other apps etc.

All the plugins and addons are updated. This doesnt seem to be happening to same extend on other PCs in our network, but we cannot figure out what the issue can be.
    I am not sure what to report or send, since this is happening with any scene, just to a different extends (the worst being that the PC is completely frozen until the render finishes, dont even see bucket move)

Please advice as my only solution is again to revert to Vray 5, and having to do that on 20 machines is quite costly.
    Thank you,

Hello
    Maybe somebody could give some input on this ? We just spend a lot of money on updating 15 + licenses and cannot use the whole setup cause some workstations are very very laggy.
    And this is tested that it is related to V6 as when reverting back to 5 returns all the expected functionality.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hello,

The best way to troubleshoot here is a remote session. Could you please submit a support ticket using the form here. Please mention this forum thread and we will arrange a remote session.

Thanks!
      Martin Minev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X