VraySun light very laggy when moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySun light very laggy when moved

In the past month or two I've noticed that the VraySun light has become very laggy when I move it. It's like it moves with 5 FPS. This happens in new and old scenes. Is it just my setup?
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Hi, thanks for posting. You might be right actually.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-04-21_18-44-23.gif
Views:	135
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	1178703

I have tested the same in 3ds Max 2022 with V-Ray 5 and it is not lagging as in the gif. Let me test a bit more and I will get back to the thread.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Same here on Max 2020 and 6.1.1. FYI, this also happens with the Max Daylight system sun if it's set to use the VRaySun for Sunlight as long as the VraySky is active in the Environment tab.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

It also is only slow on the last create sun. If you duplicate or create a new sun, then that one is slow but the original one is fast. If you then delete the new/slow one the old one remains with a fast fps.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hi, the issue is logged under VMAX-13244.

If you duplicate or create a new sun
          Check the gif in my previous post, if you disable the VRaySky from the 3ds Max's environment slot the VRaySun starts to move fast.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
            Check the gif in my previous post, if you disable the VRaySky from the 3ds Max's environment slot the VRaySun starts to move fast.
            Yeah, I noticed that but was pointing out that the slow viewport is also linked to whichever the latest sun is in the scene, not a all suns. I was also pointing out that if you remove the second sun (the slow one) the first one remains fast even with the vraysky enabled.

Comment

Working...
            X