VrayDistanceTex - Not working properly with motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDistanceTex - Not working properly with motion blur

I am using VrayDistanceTex with solid object fill to add a decal to my object. I know I can use vraydecal now but its an old project so I am using old methods,
    When object is animated the decal is rendering with awful low res subd. I increased motion blur samples via vray object properties like normal but its not helping improve the quality of the decal one bit. With motionblur off its perfect, with motionblur on its awful.

Could you share a scene/screencap? I'm not sure what exactly is happening. Also, does the loss of quality happen without the VRayDistanceTex?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Could you share a scene/screencap? I'm not sure what exactly is happening. Also, does the loss of quality happen without the VRayDistanceTex?
      Hi sir. Sure thing. Attached are previews and .max file in case it helps. I saved it down to max 2020 to make sure you can open it in whichever version you run. Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

I see. I can reproduce the issue on a simple scene and I've already logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-13260). However, I don't see any workaround except for using another method for placing the decal. I suggest you try doing it with VRayDecal.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          I see. I can reproduce the issue on a simple scene and I've already logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-13260). However, I don't see any workaround except for using another method for placing the decal. I suggest you try doing it with VRayDecal.
          Yeap, Vray decal was the only quick soluution to this which def worked sorta. Issue with Vray decal is its only covering object from the face of thhe placcemennt, I need the full object covered from every corner which is why this was the method used. So while Vray Deccal was a fix to gett joob done, would be nice to have this feature function properly as well.

Thanks sir and have a wonderful weekend!

Comment

Working...
          X