Bug: PhoenixFD Atmosphere breaks 2sided refraction material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: PhoenixFD Atmosphere breaks 2sided refraction material

Hey i stumbled upon this and it drove me a bit nuts to figure this one out. Not sure if this is related to Phoenix or Vray so i thought it may make sense to post it here.

Currently going with the effort of doing underwater shots, so we need to see surfaces from below. I noticed that the backside refraction of a regular vray material breaks when the atmosphere effects tab is holding a phoenixFD component.
    One always gets added when adding a fluid container, but once it is there, a refractive surface material will break the IOR when looked at the backside of the normal.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	atmospheric_off.png Views:	0 Size:	835.3 KB ID:	1179903 Click image for larger version  Name:	atmospheric_on.png Views:	0 Size:	345.0 KB ID:	1179904
    If i disable the atmospheric effect the surface refraction works as expected.
    Is this a known bug ?

Using 3dsmax 22 on windows with Vray6 update 1.1 and Phoenix 5.10.00, Build ID: 20230110

Thanks and cheers

Hey,

How about if you turn on the Underwater goggles option in the Rendering rollout of the Phoenix simulator?

Also maybe this thread will help for the underwater shots - https://forums.chaos.com/forum/phoen...s-almost-black
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X