Remove Phoenix properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Phoenix properties

I have a scene that I played with using Phoenix in, but ultimately decided it would make more sense in this case to fake the water instead. So I deleted all Phoenix objects from the scene.

Now I'm trying to submit the project to a renderfarm, but the scene-checker is telling me that it can't because they don't have Phoenix for Max 2024 installed on their system yet. But I can find nothing in the scene that is related to Phoenix. How can I remove it?

Thanks.
    - Geoff

Ah, could it be the Phoenix atmosphere effect? You can find it in the 3ds Max Environment and Effects menu. If it's that - you can just remove it if it's not needed.

Besides that if the Phoenix object properties are the problem you can remove them with the following MaxScript function:

phxRemoveNodeProps

And here is an example how to use it and remove the Phoenix props from an object:

phxRemoveNodeProps $Sphere001

You can read more about the Phoenix properties here - https://docs.chaos.com/display/PHX4M...ies-Parameters
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Ah! Didn't think to check the Atmosphere. But I just removed it and ran the script, and I'm still having the same problem. When that didn't work, I then selected all the objects and un-checked any Phoenix properties in that dialog to no avail. But maybe doing that puts properties onto them?
      - Geoff

Comment

Ah, did you remove the Phoenix properties from all the objects in the scene?

Also, could it be that some Phoenix nodes left hidden in the scene? By default Phoenix creates some hidden helpers for the Voxel and Particle Tuner for example - they look something like this"PHXExprVal002" and you should be able to see them in the Scene Explorer.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Hmm, nope, there's nothing Phoenix-related in the scene. Even if I start with a totally blank scene and just import a single object from that scene into it I get the error.
          - Geoff

Comment

Hmm, can you get us a sample file so that we can check it?
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Was this resolved? I'm having the exact same problem.

Comment

Which Phoenix version are you using? How about if you try with a latest nightly build from here? - https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/phoenix5max/nightly
                Georgi Zhekov
                Phoenix Product Manager
                Chaos

Comment

I'm using this version 5.20.00, Build ID: 20230706
                  on 3ds max 2024.1 update

Comment

Working...
                  X