PhoenixFD submission to Deadline with .max file [SOLVED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoenixFD submission to Deadline with .max file [SOLVED]

I am having a problem to submit second simulation in the same .max file to second render node via Deadline. I sent first simulation on a render node via Deadline via menu Phoenix FD >> Submit Simulation to Deadline , and it works fine. I select another simulation container and send it same way to Deadline to simulate it on another render node and nothing happens. Second simulation doesn't start. Here is messages from Deadline log:

2023-07-31 18:18:40: 0: INFO: Executing script: C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\Origin-3\jobsData\64c85d268955b4c309fbe674\PhoenixFDSimul ateDeadline.ms

2023-07-31 18:18:41: 0: INFO: Starting Phoenix Simulation Job...

2023-07-31 18:18:41: 0: INFO: PFD_Patriot_MissileSmoke_Trail_01 not using script - attaching progress tracking script

2023-07-31 18:18:58: 0: INFO: Finished Phoenix Simulation Job in 17.979 sec.

2023-07-31 18:18:58: 0: Done executing plugin command of type 'Render Task'
    I cannot figure out what third message from the list means. Why do I have message that container not using script? Is this a problem that simulation doesn't start? What do I have to do to start it making simulation?

UPDATE. I have figured out that this machine was not able to obtain the Phoenix license by some reason. V-Ray license was fine but I was not able to activate Phoenix license by going to address 127.0.0.1:30304​ . I had to install License server on this machine to start it working.
    Last edited by dennis_michel; 31-07-2023, 07:34 PM.

Hey, glad you figured it out!

The "not using script - attaching progress tracking script" is something new in Phoenix 5.20 - if there is no MAXScript to be executed under the Simulation rollout, the Phoenix Deadline submitter can instead plug its own script that would print the progress of the simulation in the Deadline log. I will change the message to make it more specific and hopefully understandable.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
    X