Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• initial fill _ body force...issue

Hello
    I am learning Phoenix 3ds max, When I initial fill an object and hiding the object I don't see the simulation ( show mesh and particles, confine geometry, cutter ) ,sometimes when i unhide the object it works but not all the time, I have a problem with the simulation I can't see the mesh neither the particles specially when I initial fill the object , please help.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (4).png
Views:	109
Size:	536.9 KB
ID:	1187896

Ah, if you hide it, it would automatically be excluded by the simulation - there is an option in the Scene Interaction rollout for this - you can turn it off from there.

What I usually do is to make such objects display as Box Only from their right click Properties.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thanks for the tip Nikolov, but I did what you told me ... it's not working, it works only when I exclude the second sphere actually the container ( cutter, confine object )...when I reappear the container, the cutter, it doesn't work...
      the first sphere is the container and the second interior sphere is the initial fill object., is there something wrong with my settings? thanks

Comment

Ah, okay, I think I understand what you mean.

So the sphere you use as a container (and as a render cutter) should not be hidden, or it won't work during rendering.

Instead, you must do two things:

1. Make it non-Solid so it won't interact with the liquid simulation.
        - To do this, right click the sphere and from the Phoenix properties, uncheck "Solid" to the top left.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_4.png Views:	0 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	1187920

2. Make it non-Renderable, so it won't show during the rendering, but it would still work as a cutter.
        - To do this, again right click the sphere and from the 3ds Max "Object Properties", uncheck "Renderable":
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_5.png Views:	0 Size:	62.9 KB ID:	1187921

Make sure the Simulator's Scene Interaction rollout looks like this:
        - It's in Exclude List mode
        - The List is empty, which means that nothing is excluded from the simulation:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_6.png Views:	0 Size:	11.3 KB ID:	1187922

Comment

Unfortunatly it works only under one condition when I disable the confine geometry, but when I enable it the liquid doesn't show up , concerning the settings it's exactly as you told me...the problem is with the confine , the normal of the sphere are pointing outwards as in the instructions...thanks for your patience

Comment

Are you using the same sphere for both a Render Cutter AND a Confine Geometry?

If yes, then make another sphere for the Confine Geometry and make the Confine Geometry sphere Solid.

Also, here is a tutorial you can follow https://docs.chaos.com/display/PHX4M...ith+Containers

It does not have a confine geometry, but you can add it in the end, after you've set up everything else. Sounds to me like you are trying too many things at the same time - instead, go step by step, testing one thing at a time, one change at a time, so you can control what is happening and so you see the effects of every change you make.

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you I will do my best...

Comment

I had a shell on the sphere, when I delete it the simulation with both the confine and cutter start working finally
                Thank you

Comment

Ohhhh, ok, this explains everything. Thank you for getting back to me!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X