• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix DR not loading mesh

Hi,
    I have a workstation running 3Ds Max 2024 and Vray+Phoenix
    For extra render power I have a rendernode with the Vray rendernode license

Now I have created a simulation and cached it on a network drive
    When I render using DR the cached mesh is not loading on the rendernode. There are no errors in the ChaosPhoenix log file.

Is rendering a Phoenix scene not supported with the Vray Rendernode license?

Log file on rendernode:
    #BaseObjMax::updateNodeVersion() - file version 71 created with buildID 20230706

Last edited by menno_vandijk; 04-10-2023, 05:12 AM.

Hey,

Maybe this page can help - https://docs.chaos.com/pages/viewpag...roubleshooting

Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hi Georgi,

Before I had the cached files locally. By doing so The log file gave a warning that the files were not accessible.
      After copying the files to a shared network drive and set the path to this new location in the Input and Output rollouts the log file did not show the warning any more.

The only message is :
      #BaseObjMax::updateNodeVersion() - file version 71 created with buildID 20230706

Could this be the problem? And what does it mean?
      I have installed the latest versions of Phoenix and Vray on both machines

Comment

Can you confirm that the shared location can be accessed from the main machine where you try to render, are you loading any other assets in the scene like textures for example? Are there any messages in the V-Ray log? Can you add the V-Ray log here?

Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

The Vray log does not give any errors or warnings. I did a quick test scene and still not workinng

uninstalled an reinstalled Max, Vray and Phoenix
          changed MS account to local account

Every time I end up with this message:

Comment

Does the DR work properly work with assets different than Phoenix caches - textures for example? If you copy a texture to the same network location where the Phoenix caches are, is it read properly by both machines?

Can you submit a support ticket through the link here? ( there is a Submit a request button at the top right) - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us
            A person from our support team will contact you and we can do a remote session if needed.

Thanks!
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Just a note on the message you are getting - this is not an error in any way. It is a part of the Phoenix compatibility mechanism that should keep old scenes running in case they were created with older Phoenix versions. In this case it does not seem related to distributed rendering at all.

As Georgi said - most of the time the problems with DR are related to user accounts. It could be that the account you use to log into the network machines has the correct permissions, but the rendering uses a different account that is limited. This is why Georgi is asking you to do these tests and verify if transferring textures for example work fine.

Cheers!
              Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Good morning Georgi, Svetlin,
                thank you for the explanation, I finally figured out the problem. It has indeed to do with the user account. I was running the services as administrator thinking it would have all privileges.

When I changed the services to run with the user credentials the cached files are loaded on the rendernode

As always, thanks for the support guys!

Comment

Cheers, glad that you sorted it out
                  Georgi Zhekov
                  Phoenix Product Manager
                  Chaos

Comment

Working...
                  X