Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Ds Max crash when trying to simulate second

Hi!
    I've been getting an error and instant crash when I try to simulate the animation of a second water grid. Maybe it's in the way I'm trying to do it but basically I have a water grid that has a cutter geometry and then I want water from that cutter geom to spill out at certain timeframe. So what I'm doing is trying to use two different grids to animate them separately (one with the constraints, one without), but when I'm trying to animate the second one max just crashes as soon as I hit the play button.

Here's the error I'm getting:
    Date/Time: 2024-01-29 19:57:50 -05:00
    Application: 3dsmax.exe
    Error: Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    Crashed Module Name: phoenixfd.dlr
    Exception Address: 0x00007ffc72816665
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Flags: 0
    Exception Parameters: 0, 18​
    Thank you!

Hello,

Phoenix should neve cause a crash so indeed sounds like there is something wrong. Which version of Phoenix and 3ds Max are you using?
    Is it possible to send us the scene over so that we can check it out?

Thanks!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! I believe it was due to the second PhxLiquid grid not being linked with the "Cascade simulator" checkbox. Seems that it is working now, however multiple Phoenix Sources don't seem to be working together as only one is emitting liquid.

Comment

Ah, nevertheless - even if something is not setup correctly - Phoenix should never cause a crash. If possible, please send over the scene - this we we can see where the problem with the Source is as well.

Thanks!
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Hi all,

I've been having some similar issues with doing simple single grid phoenix simulations (default Tap Water sim). Strange thing is, it work fine on my amd base nodes and only effecting my intel workstations.

System spec AMD node
          AMD Ryzen 9 7950x
          128Gb Ram
          Nvidia 2070 Super

System Spec Intel
          i9 14900k & i9 13900KS
          96Gb Ram
          Nvidia RTX 4090

Software
          Windows 11Pro
          3ds max 2024
          Phoenix 5.20.00​

This is the error I get.

Date/Time: 2024-02-05 23:19:41 +00:00
          Application: 3dsmax.exe
          Error: Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
          Crashed Module Name: phoenixfd.dlr
          Exception Address: 0x00007ffc662ddd00
          Exception Code: c0000005
          Exception Flags: 0
          Exception Parameters: 8, 7ffc262ddd00​
          ​Any advice would be welcome.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. After many hours of testing and reading up on forums I found that turning SVID in the bios to "intel fail safe" the issue goes away on both workstations. This option increases the voltage to all cores so there any be a reduction in the cpu's life time.

It's really odd as both systems are stable in tasks like rendering and tyflow but not phoenix fd when this option is set to auto. I don't think it has anything to do with phoenix, however it does highlight an issue with the latest generation of intel cpu's when doing specific tasks.

Hope this helps anyone having similar issues.

Thanks

Comment

Oh, nice. Thanks a lot for all the efforts and the useful information.
              Georgi Zhekov
              Phoenix Product Manager
              Chaos

Comment

Working...
              X