Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old fire simulation not showing up anymore

Hello,

I am trying to create new content from an old 3ds max file that has a fire simulation in it. As fas as I can remember, the original file has been created with 3ds max 2023 and I have no idea with what Phoenix version. Most likely, the fire simulation has been made with the latest Phoenix version was available at that moment.

Almost a year later I am using 3ds max 2024 and Phoenix 5.2 (from 06 of July, 2023). Although the output and input file paths are set to read the .aur files, the simulation doesn't show up. Even if I try to delete those cache files and re-run the simulation, the simulation creates really small .aur files in a really fast pace and again the fire doesn't show up.

I have little experience with Phoenix and because I rarely use it I tend to forget even things I knew.

Thank you

Hello,

Could it be that the emitter object or some texture or a Phoenix Source are missing from the scene?

Can you send over the scene so that we can check out what is going on? You can send it via support.chaos.com (there is a Submit a request button in the top right).

Thanks!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hello Georgi,

I have managed to make the simulation appear but that happenes only if I resimulate it. Is this normal?
      Thanks for your support.

Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Unless the old files were corrupted or made with a really old Phoenix version, which they are not if you used Phoenix in 3ds Max 2023 - they should open fine.

If you go to the C:\ChaosPhoenix folder and try to render the old files - there should be a message in the log that could help us figure out what is going on.

Cheers!
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X