Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maya crashing when changing "play speed" under "input" section!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya crashing when changing "play speed" under "input" section!

Hello!

I have simulated a bullet wound that is bleeding. I have cache files for frames 830-1116. Immediately after I change cache origin to 830 and timeline origin to 830, and change play speed to .5, and change to a different frame in timeline. Maya seg faults, and gives this error:
    (process:8820): GLib-ERROR **: 05:57:09.738: Creating pipes for GWakeup: Too many open files
    (process:8820): GLib-ERROR **: 05:57:09.738: Creating pipes for GWakeup: Too many open files
    Trace/BPT trap

What is strange is that a few days ago, phoenix worked totally fine on playblast, changing frame in timeline, and play speed. I could understand it crashing if I was speeding up the simulation and it didn't have enough cache files...but I'm slowing it down with plenty of cache files to use.

Is this a linux system issue perhaps on my end? Or is there a work-around in phoenixFD?

Using Maya 2020 / v-Ray 4.x
    Phoenix Fluid Dynamics ADV for Maya 2020
    version 4.20.00, Build ID: 20200616

Hello,

Can you try updating your Phoenix version to 4.41 at least? Phoenix 4.20 is quite old and we did many fixes after that.
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X