Simulating big Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulating big Scenes

Whenever i simulate a big scene it gives a error. I have attached the screenshot.

Hey,

The error message suggests you don't have enough memory for the simulation - how big is your sim?

Are the tips in the message helping? Did you try to reduce the grid resolution or disable the Preallocation for the Adaptive grid?
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

The Sim is big enough. The option Preallocation does not show in the adaptive grid. i have updated the phoenix to latest version. But still the option does not show. I can not reduce the grid resolution as I need the water to be in high quality. I will attach a screenshot for you to understand the scale of the sim.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ah, your grid resolution is set to 2 billion voxels, this requires a lot of memory.

How about if you make the simulator smaller and make a few simulators - is this an option?
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

I will share the reference image of the water feature and the markup of the screenshot. As you can see the reference the water flows from above on to the surface then it fills up and overflows on to the below surface.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking at the images, the setup might work by using cascading simulators.

You can check how these work in the video here - https://youtu.be/_ZP1-GUaDvY?si=oADPeXvJcLfQ1ohn
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Thank You, for the link as this will solve the issues we were facing. Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
              X