Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptive grid

hi all
    i'm having an issue here with the adaptive grid just working "adaptive" in the negative x and z axis. But my Adaptive conditions are X: Open, Y: jammed both, Z: Open. (my smoke runs horizontal, just in case youre wondering about my setting).

if i try to work around with a grid the end size of its needs, my max just goes whitescreen.

and the wierd thing is that my settings worked out in the morning juts fine, but after some testing it just got worse.

thankfull for some tips again

Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix_strange_adaptive_grid.png
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	870038
    Last edited by MathTheRender; 25-08-2010, 07:15 AM.
    best regards
    MathTheRender

emoticom AG
    www.emoticom.ch

Hi,
    can't understand what exactly you meant here: "if i try to work around with a grid the end size of its needs, my max just goes whitescreen."

Regards,
    Ivo

Comment

what i ment by this is when i will use a grid which is not adaptive, my workstation just wont be capable to simulate the smoke, the PFsource emitted geometry and display my max viewport
      on the other side it worked fine with an adaptive grid this morning...

so i cant really figure it out why i now get this sharp edge in my smoke. i mean the adaptive gride boundries settings make sense, right?
      best regards
      MathTheRender

emoticom AG
      www.emoticom.ch

Comment

well, i got it.
        so, the problem is that the grid does not expand in positive x and z direction, only in negative. and as i see, it even loses cells in positive direction. the simulation settings are looking a bit weird, but this cant be the reason, cold you attach the scene here to see it on live?

Comment

send me please your working mail, so i may invite you to an ftp server.
          best regards
          MathTheRender

emoticom AG
          www.emoticom.ch

Comment

ok, i found the problem. the reason is the extremely low advection step in the scene 0.01. the adaptive grid gives the advection step in account and this value is just too small. i don't know what is the reason to change the advection step, but this is a parameter that is only for very advanced use restore the conservation and a.s. to their default values, 8 and 4 respectively.

p.s.
            i recommend to use the temperature channel instead smoke, it is faster. there is no "simple smoke" option but this is not a big problem.
            Last edited by Ivaylo Katev; 26-08-2010, 02:40 AM.

Comment

ok, im wondering myself now how i got this value in there...?!

thanks again for the support!
              best regards
              MathTheRender

emoticom AG
              www.emoticom.ch

Comment

Working...
              X