grit to grid collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grit to grid collision

I was just testing some Phoenix stuff and I noticed that you can collide on grid in to another! That's cool!
    I did notice that the fluid that is inside the collision fluid just pauses, it doesn't deflect or dissipater. Is this a bug?
    I simmed the green smoke first, then simmed the flames.
    Videos zipped and attached below:
    Attached Files
    Jordan Walsh
    Senior FX artist

Showreel 2010 (new)
    Check out my scripts at Script Spot!

the pre-simulated fluid is considered solid object, but if you have the velocity exported, it is taken into consideration, the "geometry" will push the secondary fluid towards its own movement.
    the movies you attached look pretty normal for me, the flame just goes around the obstacle.

Comment

but there is a big chunk of flame that is still! (i know it looks like an encoding error, but the bit of the flame that is inside the smoke is still). Perhaps its because I didnt save the velocity of the smoke, so the flame's velocity just went to 0

EDIT: I just tried resimming with the green smoke saving velocity. It made no difference. When the flame enters the smoke it just pauses. Does the Effects channel of the green smoke do anything in regards to how the flame collides with it?
      Last edited by jordanw; 23-09-2010, 12:28 AM.
      Jordan Walsh
      Senior FX artist

Showreel 2010 (new)
      Check out my scripts at Script Spot!

Comment

when some geometry is moving in the grid, it just freezes the overlapped cells. exporting velocity can prevent the freezing of flames, because they will be pushed away before the occupation of the place from the incoming solid object.

Comment

Working...
        X