GPU Preview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Preview?

Is there a way to make an AVI preview of the GPU viewport? I thought I read somewhere that you just use max's 'make preview' but you cant select the GPU viewport
    Jordan Walsh
    Senior FX artist

Showreel 2010 (new)
    Check out my scripts at Script Spot!

"make preview" does not grab the viewport's content, it uses high level filtering and our preview is skipped. Even the content of the grid in normal viewport is skipped.

Comment

So is there a way to make a preview with GPU? I was able to make a preview with standard viewport as long as "only if Selected" is unchecked in the Preview rollout
      Jordan Walsh
      Senior FX artist

Showreel 2010 (new)

Comment

really "only if selected works", that is weird because the node is still selected when the movie is done
        well, if the "make preview" does not work with the GPU preview i'm afraid there is no way to export a movie

Comment

i think when the preview starts it must deselect everything then re select when its done.
          Any plans on getting the GPU preview to export to AVI? Its a very handy feature in FumeFX (But their solution is terrible!)
          Jordan Walsh
          Senior FX artist

Showreel 2010 (new)

Comment

i hope there is a way to use the "make preview" mechanism of the max.

Comment

Working...
            X