Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Bucket Artefacts

Hi,

We are quite new to Phoenix, but came across an artefact mostly in shadow areas. Bucket borders clearly show. (S. attachment). No DR, straight, one machine.

Happened on multiple systems etc.

Does that seem familiar?

Best regards, P
    Attached Files

this is a known bug, it's fixed already, but unfortunately the official build has it. the cause is the analytic scattering mode of the geometry shadows, switch it to pure analytic (without geometry) and it should disappear.

Comment

Thanks, will try!

Comment

Was about to try it.

You meant the sampling in the diffuse rollout, right?

We switched through all the modes, but none really helped. THe only way, was to turn off light cache (Appearantly).

Does that make sense?

Best regards, and a nice weekend.

Peter Stulz

Comment

i meant the "scattering" option in the diffuse rolluot, the choices are "enabled, disabled, analytic, analytic+shadows "
          if you have tried all of them and the bucket are always visible, this may be a separate bug and then would be good to send us the scene for investigation.

regards,
          ivo

Comment

Hi, Ivo

Could it also be due to low IR-Settings (-4, -4) ? I just try to increase them (-4, -1) and the patterns seem to be gone. I just was surprised to see some rectangular patterns.

My scene is a very basic plane emitter with some noise map, a simple diffuse color and a straight transparency curve. I still can send it to you if you like.

Best regards, Peter

Comment

i'm doubted about the low ir settings, because the artifact affects the shadows, not the smoke itself. send me the file, i'm really curious.

Comment

Working...
              X