Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water sim, some issues

Ok here is my first sim
    There is some weirdness where the water touches the container (see bottom front) like some portion
    of the water is touching the vessel and some not.
    The second weirdness is some drops seem to splash up and stick in the air or move up and down before
    falling back into the main body of water.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbGI8hY6sI

on another note, to save making a separate post.
    anyone have a tip on starting with a settled volume, like a glass with water in it to pour more water into?
    other than running a sime letting settle them adding to that?
    Last edited by Dman3d; 26-05-2011, 07:15 AM. Reason: typo
    "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

about the container-water surface - the water is simulated in a grid and it has step-like surface, that does not fit to the container. this is solved in the new version with a gizmo geometry.
    about the drops - i think they are stick over the wall.
    btw, seems like the advection is FT. try to use the classic one, and set fixed spf rate like in the paints sample.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, the advection is FT will give classic a try, will check the paint sample spf.

I know this is a sketchy question, but, any listing of the possible improvements/additions to the next
      release and a estimated release time? I completely understand if neither is known or simply cannot be
      shared or guessed at this time. I have to divide my clock dev time so it helps give me an idea of where
      to focus my attention if you know what I mean.
      Last edited by Dman3d; 26-05-2011, 11:11 AM.
      "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

Working...
      X