Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid / Strange behaviour

Hey all !

I'm doing my first steps on Phoenix FD, and just finished the tutorials available around...
    On my first liquid attempt, there's a strange behaviour when the sources stop emitting fuel, the water seems to be boiling and growing. Why is that and how could I control the surface water to calm down and become more and more flat ?
    Another thing that I find hard to control is the speed of the animation. The time scale is 0.4 and the animation is still speedy.
    Here's the link to my first test :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k-CDS7hSVg

any advice or comment appreciated

first, looks like you are using surface tension, if so disable it and set action distance=0. unfortunately the surface tension has serious issues.
    the dynamics is determined by the gravity, you can play with the gravity multiplier.
    for the boiling - the conservation must be not less than 30. choose classic advection , set fixed spf mode (lower limit=upper limit) let say 4. play with this value and try to find stable surface. the bigger values are suitable for stronger gravity. you may have problems with the uprising water, if this happens try different spf values.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      I was not using surface tension ; I keep trying to get better results but at the time I'm writing this, it's a lot worse !
      When I look at the sample scenes, the fountain is a good example of what I'm trying to reach here. The parameters are nearly the same as mine, the main difference between the 2 scenes are the units. I'll try to rebuild my text-test scene with smaller units.
      Unfortunately, time for testing is almost up and I got to get back to works in progress.

Julien

Comment

the scene scale is very important. in general, the smaller scales require a bigger spf value, and you even can see in some very successful movies unrealistic big scaled sims.

Comment

So what would you suggest would be a "normal" scale for Phoenix? In my case I am trying to do a pour into a standard (ish) glass. How big should the glass be for optimum performance? I tried it at 15 cm up to about 100cm and noticed no difference at all in the simulation that I could detect. For something like that, how big should the glass be?
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
          X