Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fill up container without the "dropping" look....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fill up container without the "dropping" look....

HI! Currently when you fill up a container, it does like if you actually drop the liquid in, there is always animation going on, and sort of like never stays still unless you pre simulate a lot of frames. Any specific reason or limitation why you just can fill up a container with perfectly still particles until something disturb them?

Thanks!

because the theoretically estimated pressure and the really achieved one are slightly different and this difference disturbs the liquid.
    it's not hopeless, we have ideas to improve the initial fill up.

Comment

this makes what I have to do quite complicated since I need to have a perfectly calm surface and get something coming out of it. Between the edges and this that is making this simulation quite complicated. It seems the software is quite good calculating things that are already in motion, but like a perfect glass of water without a single ripple and then dropping something seems to be quite a challenge?

The other problem I have, is that the logo that I have inside of this pool of liquid, when the logo comes out, it seems like some particles are actually clinging out of the edges of the object, like leaking from inside slowly after the logo comes out of the pool. Right no I'm testing with a simple torus coming out of the water, which actually looks more like chocolate than water

Comment

can you show it on image? it's hard to imagine the problem just by text description

Comment

We got around this in a puddle by letting it sim for a few hundred frames before the object interacted with the water, it created surface ripples that made things work out better.
          Last edited by Deflaminis; 27-03-2015, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Hi, I thought it would be prettty simple to use Phoenix FD to simulate a little water splash and create a puddle like this on the floor, however, I can't seem to get a good result quickly. Also the liquid does not seem to settle, but keeps sliding in droplets across the floor towards the boundaries. It's like the floor has 0 friction. How do I get the water to stay in a large puddle?

This is the kind of result I am aiming for. Does anyone have any tips for settings?

Attached Files

Comment

Hey, make sure to enable Wetting and Sticky Liquids, so the liquid will create a wetmap and stick to the geometry. Also make sure that Consumed Liquid is 0, so the liquid does not soak in the geometry.

Here is more info on these options:
              https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...namics-Wetting
              or if you are in Maya:
              https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...uid-Parameters

Cheers!
              Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thanks Svetlin.Nikolov ! I'm in 3dsmax btw.

Comment

Working...
                X