Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya Phoenix fd mesh to alembic

Hi,

i have a sim of a bubble popping on the surface of some water and when i mesh this within Phoneix all is ok, but Im trying to export to alembic, when it caches it caches out some frames and others are just blank, so when playing alembic back it flickers on and off?

Any ideas?

Also, i have a water container with initial fill and the bubble popping on the surface of this, using the cap mesh is great within phoenix to just mesh the top surface but is there any way to be able to get this out to alembic also, at the moment all i can get is the whole mesh, with the errors as stated above??

Cheers

Hi,

are you using Maya mesh type mode (in Mesh rollout menu)?
    George Barzinski
    QA Phoenix FD

Comment

I am indeed!

Comment

Hmm... tried to reproduce this but looks like it's working. Would you send us the scene?
        George Barzinski
        QA Phoenix FD

Comment

Before i do this can you just explain your workflow to get mesh out to alembic just incase im doing it wrong pls!

Comment

Simulate 20 frames with liquid with Initial fill up and some bubbles rising from the bottom. Then go to Alembic export (export selection or export all) and export frames from 1 to 15 for example. Import alembic and play the animation. The mesh looks fine.
            George Barzinski
            QA Phoenix FD

Comment

Ok, so after doing a resim, this now seems to work fine! Go figure.
              Is there a way to be able to alembic mesh out a cap mesh? Or is it just the maya mesh that alembics out fine?
              I just need the top surface of the water not the whole tank?

Cheers

Comment

Go to Rendering --> Render mode and set it to Cap Mesh
                Go to Mesh --> Mesh type and set it to Maya Mesh

Then export selected as Alembic. That's it.
                George Barzinski
                QA Phoenix FD

Comment

I did this but even with the cap mesh on and keep the mesh type on static or dynamic the preview shows that the cap mesh is correct but the minute i put on maya mesh, the mesh then pops to showing the full container meshed??

Comment

You can check this scene. I'm pretty sure it works If you still have some trouble try with the latest nightly build.
                    Attached Files
                    George Barzinski
                    QA Phoenix FD

Comment

Ok thanks will have a look

Comment

I'm having this issue now . how did you fix it ? just kept running sims till it worked? the maya mesh is there but then turns off for some frames . when I export alembic I am missing frames. when I play back in maya some frames have the mesh and some don't and it will randomly change what frames have a mesh or not. likes its having a hard time making the mesh for every frame not sure what is happening. ran the sim like 10x times still a problem. cannot get a complete abc out of maya.

attached pictures of the same frame. just scrubbed back and forth in the time line and it will disappear then reappear. and the abc gets exported that way . anyway to cache the mesh so its not generating on the fly like this ?
                        Attached Files
                        CG supervisor
                        Alkemy-X

Comment

Hey,

Which version of Phoenix and Maya are you using? Can you try with a latest nightly build? Here is how to get one - https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...nightly-builds

Georgi Zhekov
                          Phoenix Product Manager
                          Chaos

Comment

let me try to update
                            CG supervisor
                            Alkemy-X

Comment

Working...
                            X