Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ambient pressure and "air effects" for fire/smoke sim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient pressure and "air effects" for fire/smoke sim.

Would it be possible to have a simplified pressure simulation implimentation and setting for the fire and smoke sim? Would be pretty neat for doing things like underwater and space explosions/effects etc. As well as perhaps some accompanying settings for the density of the assumed surrounding medium (air, water, beer, sirup?)​​​​​​.
    Maybe down the line things like approximated shockwaves or simple mach effects could be more easily done by just setting up the simulator for it.

Dunno how doable it would be but just thought id put it out there.

unrelated: it would also be neat to be able to have some more fine control over phx sources. Like being able to have individual smoke and fire color ramps tied to the sources.
    I like the new viscosity setting for the liquid source. More stuff like that. But for fire/smoke too.

Hey,

The Inject mode of the source is your friend when it comes to pressure

For sources, technically it's possible to get that kind of control and I've been thinking about it, the drawback would be that it would use quite a bit of extra memory to do it for the fire/smoke solver. For FLIP, particles can store that data and it's a bit more straightforward. Gonna think about how this can happen.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Originally posted by Svetlin.Nikolov View Post
      Hey,

The Inject mode of the source is your friend when it comes to pressure

For sources, technically it's possible to get that kind of control and I've been thinking about it, the drawback would be that it would use quite a bit of extra memory to do it for the fire/smoke solver. For FLIP, particles can store that data and it's a bit more straightforward. Gonna think about how this can happen.

Cheers!
      Thanks. You mean for control over air density or source spesific color ramps etc?

Comment

This is about the color ramps for the sources.

Air density might not be coming quite soon though. Can you give me a reference of what kind of effect you'd like to get - perhaps it's possible using the current tools as well.
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
        X