Animate Motion Velocity Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animate Motion Velocity Effect

I noticed that the per-node property "Motion Velocity Effect" doesn't seem to allow keyframes. Wishlist item

I'm going to explore running a callback script to gradually change that property over time as the time slider changes but I haven't tested if that will work during a sim - soon we'll know.

Thanks!
    Josh Clos
    FX / 3D Generalist

Confirmed that you can script this; no need for callbacks after all because phoenix allows access to the "OnNewFrame" function. So if you want to animate the motion velocity effect, you can script it in the phoenix container with something like this for example:

**(the forum removed script formatting so this is kind of difficult to read, sorry)

fn OnNewFrame=(
    if currentTime > 35 do
    (
    for o in objects where o.name == "Box001" do
    (
    setUserProp o "PHX_VelMult" 1.0
    )
    )
    )

Or something less sloppy would work too
    Josh Clos
    FX / 3D Generalist

Comment

Ah, that's a clever way to work around it! Unfortunately nothing in the right click props can be animated right now, since underneath they are these string user properties. We were researching other ways to implement the node properties a while back, and looks like there is a way to do it, but it's gonna take some time until we get there...

Cheers!
      Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
      X