Buffer cache for PhoenixFD aur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffer cache for PhoenixFD aur

Setting up foam and splash shaders often take many iterations to get the right settings for renders. Each iteration can take a long time for the megasize aur files to load, again and again. Would it be good to have a buffer cache, where the last aur loaded is held for reuse until time to load the next frame? Not just for the workstation but for the farm as well...

Hey,

Indeed, we have it in the TODO list to cache the 'Gathering particles' and 'Optimizing particle sizes' phases to files so they can be reused. Also in the TODO list is to experiment with keeping cache data in RAM for faster timeline frame changing.

Something I noticed in your scene is that you have Backup Interval set to 1 - this way each frame will be a backup frame with extra data exported so the cache files and it would be slower to load.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Yes, thanks, I think I did that (backup interval = 1) as one of the test iterations to reduce flicker on the farm. With the new stable build released, I should test again with "normal" backup intervals.
      Ron

Comment

Working...
      X