Templates / organization / sim history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates / organization / sim history

I am just experimenting with numbers of simulations right now. And due to the sensitivity to the various parameters for the user as me (who work with Phoenix FD only occasionally) it is difficult to keep in the head all the interactions between variables. So I move often through experimenting.

What would be very helpful is some organization in the caches - for example if there could be some kind of "library" or comparison between different simulation with stored presets of my sim setup... Something like a "render history" in Vray for example. Sometimes I am getting to the good result, which could be as an "anchor" and then I am trying different ways how to achieve desirable effect. Quiet often everything gets broken and I need to go back to the "anchor" and start again. Meanwhile I am getting lost, what actually was changed )
    So to have some way how to compare my changes and visual representation would be really cool.

And I have to say, that the templates section is megahelpful and for users like me, the creation of more sofisticated set of templates would be extremely helpful.

Phoenix can export a 'Preset' file from both Max and Maya which holds all the simulation / rendering settings. There's also the ability to create playblasts which both Max and Maya have. I think ultimately the idea would be to be able to associate the current playblast with the changes made to the phoenix simulator since the last playblast.

Does that sound like the sort of thing you're thinking of ?

gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey, currently from the simulation rollout you can save and load Simulation presets - this way you can easily roll back to previous settings.

As for more visual representation of these - how do you imagine something like this would work?

Cheers,
      Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

Working...
      X