Per object attribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per object attribute

I would like to see more per object attributes.
    I can think, for example, of some sort of roughness attribute to drive the emission of splashes -> foam.
    Let's take the example of the ocean, a raft of wood and a dolphin.
    The raft is rough and produces more splashes and foam. The dolphin has a skin that has less resistance to water, thus produces less splashes and foam, especially when it is inside the water.

To me, it's not the same as motion velocity effect, it has nothing to do with speed/motion.

What do you think about that ?
    www.mirage-cg.com

Hmm, this is interesting indeed. Note that right now the simulation does not care at all about which object actually affects the liquid. It just looks at what happens with the velocities, the liquid surface, etc. So the closest thing to the current implementation would be something that resembles the current birth volumes, but is not just on/off switch for whether splash, foam or mist get born or not, but rather a multiplier that says "okay, in this area/volume I want the splash/foam/mist birth to be stronger, weaker than elsewhere".
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Yes, that would already be something we could play with. But it would still be a global multiplier. I'm more thinking about a physical property. the "skin" of the boat or dolphin is one thing, but you could also think about absorbance and probably a lot of different things. For now, I'm playing only with ocean/wakes/foam, but I'm sure these kind of properties might be useful for other simulations.
      https://youtu.be/OEQf0AtSSsc
      www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Working...
      X