Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been able to render Foam Bubbles as solid Spheres withut Transparency

Hi everybody

Wouldnt it be great to bee able to render the Foam Bubbles as solid, opaque Spheres? I mean setting of the Distribution of Millions of Foam Bubbles would be much faster to render. Also to find out the Foam Bubbles Size would be easier. Maybe a Button to turn off Transparency is an Option?

Cheers David
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Hey,

You can pick the foam particles in the V-Ray Instancer and render them as spheres. Does this help?

Cheers,
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Thank you for your answer. It would help, yes, but i donßt know how to do that? a Little bit more Information would be helpful

Thank you.
      Pixelschmiede GmbH
      www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

1. Create a sphere.
        2. From the Create menu - choose V-Ray Instancer. Then for the Source objects pick the sphere from step 1. For the particles - open the scene explorer and pick the Foam particles group (it should be called something like "Particles [Foam] of [PhoenixFDLiquid001]").
        3. If you have a Particle shader in the scene that is already assigned to render the foam particles, right-click on it and from the Object Properties disable the Renderable checkbox. This way only the V-Ray Instancer will be rendered.
        4. Render.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Ok cool, good to know. This will help me alot. Thank you. But what i meant is, it doesnt take the size of the Foam Bubbles automatically and the Sphere are all equall in Size. Cool would be if, and that was my Question, i can see the different Sizes of the Foam Bubbles. I mean if i simulate with a Size of 0,3, Variation Small of 1 and Variation Large of 4 i would like to see this reprsented with the Spheres. Isnßt this possible?
          Pixelschmiede GmbH
          www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Hey,

Unfortunately it doesn't take the size of the bubble into account indeed. I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment - the only way is to use the Particle Shader.

What you can do is set the Count multiplier in the Particle Shader to something like 0.1 - this way only 10% of the particles will be rendered. Then from the Bubbles options set the reflection bounces to 0 and set the Highlights strength to 0. This way the bubbles will render faster and you will be able to evaluate the size better.

Cheers,
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

Then this would be something to install in the next nightly build thank you for your help. for now i will stick to your advice, a few Things i already use.

Cheers
              Pixelschmiede GmbH
              www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

It would be nice to have an option for custom material slot in Phx foam. When rendering in geometry mode, user could assign own shader. That would be useful in Maxxers case too.
                Lasse Kilpia
                VFX Artist
                Post Control Helsinki

Comment

This is just an instancer with spheres and a material - the Particle Shader works quickly exactly because it does not depend on external materials.
                  Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
                  X