Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indication liquid/foam/splash amount before simulation

Hi

Maybe there is a way to place an indicator of the expected liquid/foam/splash amount with the entered settings before simulating. It gives more insight and control over the input parameters.
    Also number input for maximum foam particles would be benifical to control the simulation speed when facing a deadline.

Greetings, Jakob de Vries
    Pixual

Particles are born and killed depending on such complex conditions, that the fastest way to know how many particles you will have after, say, 30 frames, would be to simulate for 30 frames and find out. I'm afraid I can't think of a way for this to be implemented in the foreseeable future.

Wouldn't a limitation of the maximum number of particles mean that some particles should start dying when the maximum is reached? Or maybe that some particles should not get born when they have to? I'm thinking that killing particles in front of the camera might not look well in rendering, while not creating new ones might change the look of the simulation in an unpredictable way... How would you approach this?
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Hi Svetlin,

Thanks for the reply on my post. I guess it isn't a simple question after all. But a good one to adress regarding workablity of the program.

I was thinking the following:

- Perhaps it's posible to see the given number of maximum particles as 100%, fading the oldest particles from, say 75% till 100% in age, out (so no sudden deaths). While still creating new particles where they are needed.
      - Maybe create some presets in the program for most comon shapes (like different sizes of ships and speeds, waterfalls in different heights and falling speeds) Then there is a starting point to work with.
      - To make it even more complex, if you have these presets, you could make the program choose its presets regarding the size and speed (and maybe other affecting parameters) of the object the simulation is applied to.

Just some thoughts, it's a great program already!

Comment

Working...
      X