X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix In Houdini ?

Hi, i'm a 3DSMAX VRAY Phoenix customer.
    I'm leaving 3DSMAX for Houdini.
    Hopefully, you already have done Vray for houdini and i can say that's it's more powerfull tu use vray inside houdini than with 3DSMAX. I mean, there is so much more possibilitys.

So, houdini + Vray is the way to go. but i miss phoenixFD. Even Houdini have powerfull FEM, FLIP,Pyro. PhoenixFD is different ( like a ready to go ) and i would love to continue to use it , but in houdini.

Do you think it's possible to make a PhoenixFD for houdini ?
    GHiOM = Guillaume Gaillard
    freelance 3D artist
    www.ghiom.com

keep coming back to PHX for this reason
    its just ready to go, nothing is as qucik to bash out a quick sim

Comment

Now i've definitly remove 3DSMAX on my worflow. Now, Phoenix FD is the only tool i miss. In houdini i have Vray and all the magic flip fluid and pyro. but i really love the way phoenixFD is working.
      Is there any chance to make phoenixFD in houdini ?
      freelance 3D artist
      www.ghiom.com

Comment

Hey, thank you for the kind words, and sorry to see you move away

It is indeed a very interesting idea having Phoenix for Houdini. It's doable, but won't happen quickly or easily though... It would nevertheless be a good trial for the technology. Can't really say much at this point though.
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Hi Svetlin.Nikolov I can imagine how PhoenixFD can be outstanding with Houdini capabilities. But i've no idea how much it's could be easy or hard to make it work. Your Support is something wich will miss me the most.
          freelance 3D artist
          www.ghiom.com

Comment

Hi Guillaume ghiom3d

May I ask you what made you switch to Houdini ?

Cheers,

Olivier
            www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

I would really wish that Chaos Group develops a solution outside of Autodesk. I’m tired of autodesk, their “no support”, their price policy. I really wish to move to another software, whatever it is as long at it’s not a Autodesk product.
              Please, Chaos Group, give your users a chance to use your wonderful software on another platform, which you did already for Vray.
              www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Originally posted by waaazoo View Post
                Hi Guillaume ghiom3d

May I ask you what made you switch to Houdini ?

Cheers,

Olivier
                Hi , same as you feeling with autodesk. Need something less expensive and more powerfull. When you work with Houdini ( don't know other softwares ) you really feel to have a professionnal working tool. I mean, if you need something special, build it, don't need to search an expansive plugin again wich may be not working with the other plugin you use. and when you work efficiently, when your client need changes, no problem. with Nodal and parametric power of houdini, it's easy to change this bevel you do 2 weeks ago and all others modeling task in your model.
                You have a powerfull tool and you feel exited when you begin to understand how it's work.
                You feeling very very exiting when an update ouT. Houdini 18 is just incredible !!
                Don't remember to having one day this feeling with 3DSMAX.
                I just remember that when i'm opening max this last years, everything looking sadly grey and boring in my working mood.
                freelance 3D artist
                www.ghiom.com

Comment

It's funny. I always thought Houdini was one of the most powerful softwares out there when it comes to simulation. I'm just a 3ds max User siince the beginning and heard Houdini is hard to learn. So I never even thought that one would crave using phoenix FD when he could use the power of Houdini.
                  no offense to phoenix FD!
                  Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                  www.AddYourLight.com
                  Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                    It's funny. I always thought Houdini was one of the most powerful softwares out there when it comes to simulation. I'm just a 3ds max User siince the beginning and heard Houdini is hard to learn. So I never even thought that one would crave using phoenix FD when he could use the power of Houdini.
                    no offense to phoenix FD!
                    I would say that the big strength of PhoenixFD is the ease of use. You can get very quickly a result that is ok. If you need more precise stuff you can still tweak here and there.
                    www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Working...
                    X